Coins currently using Argon2 Chukwa algo
Coins previously used this algo
Short info about Argon2 Chukwa algo
Chukwa is actually Argon2.
What is Argon2?
- Memory hard algorithm
- Source code is GPL-3.0 compatible
- Easily integrated into the core code, pools, etc
- Argon2 is the memory hard winner of the 2015 Password Hashing Competition (PHC).
Argon2 is also relatively unique in that it allows for a high-level of customisation in how the hashes are calculated including parameters such as:
- The number of threads to use (parallelism)
- Arbitrary resultant hash length
- Memory requirements (memory hardness)
- Number of iterations (time cost)
- The use of salts
Argon2d is designed to maximize resistance against GPU cracking attacks and accesses memory in a data dependent order. This means that the input data itself defines how the memory is accessed; however, it is susceptible to side-channel attacks
Argon2i is designed to minimize side-channel attacks and accesses memory in a data independent order
Argon2id is a hybrid between the two where Argon2i is used for the first pass over the memory and Argon2d is used for each pass after that
The Argon2 IETF RFC draft recommends the use of Argon2id.
Miners supporting Argon2 Chukwa algo
|BLOC GUI Miner||Windows, Linux, MacOS|
|XMRigCC CPU||Windows, Linux|
|XMR Stak||Windows, Linux, MacOS|
|XMRig CPU||Windows, Linux|